Thursday 31 March 2011

Audience feedback

I have asked 10 people of a niche audience that I think would like to read my magazine, what they think of the three aspects of my music magazine. I focussed on people that study media, so they can access my blog to review my magazine.


On a scale of 1 to 10 how good is my music magazine?

Front page
Contents page
Double page spread
7
6
8
8
8
6
6
8
5
7
9
7
8
7
6
9
8
7
7
6
8
 8
                       9
                       7
                       6
                       7
                       9
                       7
                       8
                       5





What could I improve?
Text in one place, more photo’s and different text colour
Use of different angled shots when taking photo’s
Need more pictures on your front page
Double page could be made better, with text on just one page
Too many colours on your contents page and front cover
You need more pictures on your double page
More information on your contents page
                                         Make double page more colourful
                                            Put web adress on front page
                                    different background for your double page



 I then asked 5 people 5 different questions about 'Conspiracy', to get their thoughts and opinions on my magazine.

1)From the front cover what genre would you say my magazine targets?
·        Alternative rock
·        Hard rock, metal
·        rock
·        bits of indie, rock and screamo
·        hard rock

2)Would you rather use the website than read conspiracy magazine and why?
·        No I think the magazine is more accessible and easier to read
·        Yes because there is more information to access
·        Yes because then you can give your own response
·        No because I feel more in touch with the magazine
·        No because I like to collect the posters

3)What age range do you think my magazine targets?
·        14-19
·        16-24
·        15-22
·        16-25
·        17-22

4)Do you think I have stuck to the house style? (red, yellow and blue)
·        Yes I think the three colours are consistent throughout the magazine
·        Yes, but I think the yellow isn’t necessary
·        You have stuck to the house style, the yellow go together well
·        Sort of, you could have made the colours appear more in double page
·        No because you have more than 3 colours

5)Do you think that the price of my magazine is reasonable for a music magazine?
·        Yes it’s a decent price for a magazine with a fair amount of pages
·        Yes because of the stories provided
·        No, I cannot afford this magazine every week
·        Yes, I like the bands in this magazine, and the information and posters
·        Its just the same as other magazines really

No comments:

Post a Comment